That MS UIL Life

Hi, friends!

My dear friend Emily and I have been talking about our experiences in the classroom. UIL prep is crazy and quick and the general consensus is that there is no time. Literally. Here's the nice thing about living with another choir director-- we share the good and the bad. You can be passionate, frustrated, and honest. I love it.


Mostly because it's a reminder that we all struggle. My students AND myself are included in that statement. 

My students struggles include: 

  • Being completely oblivious of upcoming dates
  • Lack of focus
  • Lack of sleep
My struggles include:
  • Knowing all too well how many days we have until Pre-UIL/UIL
  • Lack of sleep
  • Lack of focus
  • Wanting to move too quickly and my kiddos aren't really ready
  • That nagging feeling that nothing is fun because WE HAVE TO SIGHT READ AND SING AND IT ALL HAS TO SOUND GOOD AND WHY ARE YOU TALKING RIGHT NOW? WE HAVE SO MUCH TO DO!!!!
You get it, right?

Here's the thing I have to tell myself over and over again...and I'm sure I've said this in a past post. 

We are putting so much faith in children. Very smart, capable children that understand our expectations and will try their hardest to reach/exceed them. As long as we are patient in the process and we enjoy what we get to do, then everything will be fine. I want to try my best to enjoy the process and not stress about the product. 

I'm going to try to loosen up...as best as I can...and enjoy this time with my students. We are making beautiful music every single day. 

How lucky are we?

Thanks for reading!

Popular Posts