BACK TO SCHOOL!!

*I apologize for the huge amount of all caps in this blog post.*

I know the all caps in the title is very misleading seeing how I have very mixed feelings about school starting on Monday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited, a little nervous, anxious, and extremely tired. I know every teacher knows how I feel right about now.

The emotions I'm feeling right now are a good example of exactly how this week went-

Monday: "WHOA MAN! INSERVICE! HOW FUN! Seeing the returning people, meeting the newbies! TEAM BUILDING AND CRAFTS?! WHOO!! Oh! And 6th grade orientation- ALL THE TINY PEOPLE! So ready!!"

Tuesday: "Fine Arts inservice with all my peeps! WHOO!! Things I need to know. Information OVERLOAD in the best way, amirite?! Ooh. Wait- I don't know about this..."

Wednesday: "Meetings, meetings, and more meetings. Ohh and schedule pick up!? At least I get to see some of my kids?? Can I crawl underneath this table and not be noticed...? I just need, like 5 minutes..."

Thursday: "So much school spirit! So early! So tired! Oh, but free food is nice. Cool. More meetings!"

Friday: "More food!! Camping out in the copy room. Errands! So many of them. Hours and hours of decorating! Whoo!!"

I'm spent. 

I forgot to add the part where I received my numbers for the year and I had a mini panic attack because they jumped up to about 140+. I was mostly excited because it's so awesome that so many students want to join choir, but there was a small part of me that was doubting absolutely everything. 

I know that I am very capable, but man oh man, constant meetings followed by alone time in my room to draw up more to do lists and figure out how much you HAVEN'T gotten done- and did I mention the whole being left alone with your thoughts thing?! THE WORST. 

Good news? My room looks AWESOME! I am very excited about my classes and what I have planned for the year. My calendar is jam-packed and I have very excited parents and colleagues behind me. 

I think that's the one thing that is keeping me sane. Knowing that I have so many people backing me up.
I can't wait for the hustle and bustle on Monday morning!

And now, I shall leave you with a little peek into my room! 






Happy schooling!!

Ms. Reed

Popular Posts