My top 5!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
I hope you all have been STUFFED full of delicious things and also loved a tad bit extra by your family and friends today. I am incredibly thankful for the entire week off to rest and gear up for the next few weeks of school.

On Tuesday, I had the chance to hang out with friends for Friendsgiving and we sat around, ate delicious things, answered questions about our paths and how we ended up where we were and that got me thinking about what I'm thankful for- TYPICAL. So, with that being said, here's a list of 5 things I am extra thankful for as an educator:


1. I am extremely thankful for the opportunity my family gave me to pursue my dream as a musician and an educator. Looking back on my life, my mom, step-dad, grandmother, sisters, uncle, aunt- BASICALLY MY ENTIRE FAMILY- they didn't HAVE to help me make it through my 5 years as a Baylor bear. The cool thing about my family is that they are the most caring, supportive, loving people I am blessed to call mine. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am.

2. I'm thankful for every mentor that ever crossed my path. I know God had a plan for me because when I reflect on every music teacher/choir director I had, every voice teacher, every professor at Baylor, and now my colleagues and mentors in CCISD and the ones I look at in awe that aren't in my district had a hand in my success and in my drive to always strive to be a better educator. It's encouraging to have so many amazing teachers and professors in my life that I can look to for help.

3. My job and my students. I'm thankful for my students that push me in the best (and sometimes worst) ways. Yes, it can be overwhelming and I'm sure I'll be singing another tune with the Winter craze that's coming, BUT I am thrilled that I have the opportunity to impact so many lives through music. It's nice to know that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

4. I am thankful for growth. I have come a long way since my first year of teaching...which was only last year, but I remember running around like crazy thinking I had no idea what I was doing, which wasn't true. I did, but I didn't? Do I know everything? No. I still make mistakes and I am happy to admit that. As an educator, I know that I will be a life-long learner. That means that I can only learn more and get better at something that I love to do, which means my students will always get the best (hopefully).

5. BREAKS. I know, I know. How cliché. But I am. DEVOLSON (LOOK AT THIS) is a thing and the struggle was so real. It felt like there was a concert or a rehearsal every other day. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to make it, but I did. WE DID. So, congratulations you!

I hope everyone had fabulous days full of love, turkey, family, some sportsball (AKA football), and rest!


Thanks for reading,


Ms. Reed

Popular Posts